If you have a weak area, you must take at least one (1) additional Class A credit in each identified domain. The CPCA domains are:
- Airway Management
- Applied Clinical Pharmacology
- Applied Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Anesthesia Equipment, Technology, and Safety
Any remedial credits required are in addition to the CPC Program requirements.
To help ensure your CE activity meets the remediation requirement:
- Was the Class A credit earned after your CPCA results notification?
- Will the Class A credit relate to the domain area where the standard was not met?
- Will the Class A credit be a minimum of 1 CEU?
Suppose you need remediation in Airway Management at the time of your renewal. In that case, you must have a minimum of 61 Class A credits, one (1) of which must be completed after your CPCA score result is reported and within the Airway Management section of the CPCA content outline.
Credits completed before your CPCA result was reported or completed in a different category will not satisfy the remediation requirement.
Please review the CPCA Content Outline available on our website for additional information: CPCA Content Outline